Government of India has made it mandatory to link your bank account with Aadhaar Card. If you fail to do so, your bank account will become in-operational. Deadline for linking the Aadhaar card with bank account is 31st December 2017. Well, there are only 3 and half months left. If you are one of those who haven’t link their bank account with Aadhaar card, then visit your bank and complete the process. If you are among those who have linked their Aadhaar and Bank account but don’t know their Aadhaar and bank account linking status, you have come to the right place.
Apart from this, now government has also made it mandatory to link Aadhaar with Mutual Funds, mobile number and PAN card. Banks are also making effort and asking customers to link their bank account with Aadhaar. In simple words, it is a re-KYC. The main purpose behind this is to get user details and track all the financial transactions.
There could also be possibility that you already have submitted your Aadhaar details with the bank but due to some reason your Aadhaar has not yet been linked with bank account. And you are sitting at your home thinking that your bank account is already link with Aaadhar. So, to check your Aadhaar and bank account linking status, UIDAI has launched a new scheme.
Steps to Check Aadhaar and Bank Account Linking Status
Here is the step by step guide to check whether your Aadhaar is linked with Bank account or not.
- Go to official website of Aadhaar – https://uidai.gov.in/
- Look for Aadhaar services action.
- In Aadhaar services section you will find ‘Check Aadhaar and Bank Account Linking Status’. Click on the link and you will be redirected to another page. You will ask to provide Aadhaar number and a security code.
- Enter Aadhaar number and security code. Then click on ‘send OTP’ option. An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Just enter OTP and click on the login button.
- If you are able to successfully login, the website the status as well as the name of the bank linked to your Aadhaar card.
If you don’t have any internet access, you can use your mobile to check Aadhaar and bank account linking. All you need to dial *99*99*1# from your mobile. Then you need to provide your Aadhaar number and confirmation. On confirmation, it will show whether your bank account is linked with your Aadhaar or not.
I hope the above guide has helped you to check Aadhaar and Bank account linking status.
Related articles –