You must be thinking how can one check bank account balance without Internet? Well let me tell you that it is possible to check your bank balance without using internet on your phone. The credit of this goes to the initiative that has been taken by the Government of India. In order to check your account balance, there are two ways. First way to check balance is simply by giving miss call while another is using *99# facility.
Features of *99# Facility To Check Bank Account Balance Without Internet:
- This feature even works without internet connection.
- One can easily check balance by using the common code *99#.
- This number is common among all the telecom service providers.
- No additional amount will be charged for availing this service while you are in roaming.
- Ideal for all the GSM service providers and other mobile handsets.
- *99# facility is available 24*7 on all 365 days.
- No need to install and download any additional application to check your bank account balance.
- You can check the balance in 12 different languages.
What all Services are Available under *99#?
1. Financial Services:
First of all let me start with the financial services which are offered by under *99#:
Send Money Using MMID:
Once can easily transfer funds using MMID along with the mobile number of the beneficiary.
Send Money Using IFSC:
The users can easily transfer funds using Account number of the beneficiary with IFSC of the bank.
Send Money Using Aadhaar:
Users can easily transfer funds using Aadhaar number. But keep in mind that your Aadhaar card must be linked to your Bank account.
2. Non-Financial Services-
- You can check your balance enquiry.
- You can get mini statement of your account balance.
- Also you can generate OTP in order to perform different transactions.
- Change or generate Mobile PIN (MPIN) which is just like a password for authenticating financial transactions.
- Know your MMID. Well MMID is a 7 digit code which is issued by the bank to its customers for availing IMPS. MMID is issued to only those customers who prefer mobile number is registered wit the bank. Furthermore, different MMID’s can be linked to same mobile number.
3. Value Added Services-
QSAM (Query Service on Aadhaar Mapper) or *99*99#.
How to Generate Bank Mini Statement Without Internet?
Now here I am with the list of steps through which you can generate your bank mini statement without internet:
- First of all, you will have to dial *99# from handset.
- Secondly, a welcome screen will appear on your screen which will ask you to enter the 3 digit bank’s short name or the first 4 letters of the banks IFSC code.
- Once valid IFSC or short name is mentioned then a list of services will appear on your screen.
- Since you want to check your mini statement. Hence you will have to enter 2 and then submit.
- Lastly, a confirmation screen will appear on your screen which will display your mini statement.
How to Check Bank Account Balance Without Internet?
Here is a step by step guide through which you can check bank account balance without internet connection:
- First of all, you will have to dial *99# from your mobile phone handset.
- Secondly, a screen will appear on your screen where you will be asked to enter the shortcut 3 digit bank code. Or you might be asked to enter the first 4 letters of IFSC code of your bank.
- Thirdly, you will see that a list of services which you can avail will appear on your screen.
- Fourth, since here you wish to check your bank account balance hence type 1 and then submit.
- Lastly, a confirmation screen will appear in which your account balance will be displayed.
List of Telecom service Providers who support *99# Facility
Languages supported by *99# service
- English -*99#