Owning a house is everyone’s dream. But to fulfill this dream, one has to face several problems such as bullied by the builders. But after the formation of RERA (Real Estate Regulation Act, 2016), home buyers have become quite optimistic that now builders won’t be able to bully them. As RERA protects the interest of the home buyers. But the most important question is whether the home buyers know when and how to file complaint under RERA?
Well, the best part about this portal is that, now you can file complaint under RERA online. You need not to go and wander around various places to find some office. All you just need a laptop and an active internet connection. Let’s find out the step by step procedure to file complaint under RERA online.
File complaint Under RERA Online
Under RERA rules, any person who has interest in any project can file an application with the RERA authority. Interested individuals can even apply online by filling the application form. While filing complaint you must provide the documents given below:
- Particulars of the applicant as well as the respondent.
- Provide registration number along with address of the project.
- Also provide facts to prove your point and statements of claims.
- The reliefs and interim reliefs, if any.
Benefits of filing a Complain under the RERA
- Chances of taking quick actions on complaints.
- Promoters must maintain financial discipline.
- In case of delayed delivery the promoters are liable to pay compensation.
- No ambiguity in area measurements.
Steps To File Complaint under RERA?
Even though RERA is a central law but still the implementation method will vary from one state to another. RERA had notified the states like Maharashtra, Gujarat and Karnataka to launch their own online portal. With online portal, real estate builders, agents and property buyer can file complaints online.
RERA Complaint – Maharashtra State Portal
- For filing your complain under RERA in the Maharashtra State, you must go through the Maharashtra RERA portal. There you will find Online Application Menu click on that menu.
- You will be redirected to Login and Password page. There click on new registration option. Then select the user type as complaint. Type appropriate user name and password and then simply click on the create user button.
- Now your login id has been created in RERA portal. Now provide all your personal details including your residence details.
- On the left side of the navigation pane you will see Add New Complaint option.
- After your registration is done then you will have to make payment of Rs 5000.
RERA Complaint – Gujarat State Portal
- If you want to register RERA complain in the Gujarat State, you will again have login to Gujarat RERA portal. There on the home page of the portal you will Complaint Registration option.
- Once you will click on the complaint registration option, then you will redirected to the a new page where you will be asked to provide all the details about your complaint.
- Along with this you will even asked to provide your personal details like name, address, phone number, email id. You will be further asked to attach some supporting documents.
- In next step you will have to Rs 1000 as the registration fee of your complaint.
- Lastly provide acceptance on the declaration and then simply click on the submit button.
Once you have filled complaint then both of the parties i.e., the builder and home buyer will be called to present there facts and figures. Later both the parties will be asked to present their verdict on the complaint filled. If in case you are not satisfied with the decision of RERA then you can even escalate matter to high court.