What is the most important thing in India? Well, the answer is Aadhaar Card. Without Aadhaar card, no one can do anything. Whether you are applying for a government job, bank account, ticket booking, money transfer or any financial transaction, you need Aadhaar. Now you can also make payment with Aadhaar card. Now Government of India has also made it mandatory to link Aadhaar with bank account, phone number, pan card, employees provident fund etc. However in this article I will be restricting the article to how to link Aadhaar with EPF.
The best part is you need not to wonder at various places to get your Aadhaar card linked with Employees Provident Fund. All the operations related to Aadhaar can be performed online. This means that you can easily attach your Aadhaar Card with anything via online platform. All you just need to add phone number in your Aadhaar Card. In order to undertake any activity you will receive OTP on your registered number. Here is the step by step guide to link Aadhaar with EPF Online. Let’s get started.
Why to Link Aadhaar Card with EPF?
- It has been made mandatory to link Aadhaar with employee provident fund online claim submission.
- If you have linked UAN with the Aadhaar card then it will be easy to merge multiple UAN number to single.
- The process of claim settlement will be faster if you will link your Aadhaar with UAN.
- The burden of providing different documents as Proof of address or Proof of Identity will be reduced as Aadhaar card is an self sufficient document.
Step by Step Guide to Link Aadhaar With EPF Online
- Visit the official website of Unified Member Online Portal.
- Next step would be to login in your EPF account where you will have to enter your UAN, password and Captcha.
- Then you will be directed to your dashboard. There you will find “Manage” option click on the button. Furthermore click on the “KYC” button.
- Well the “KYC” update window will let you update documents like PAN Card, bank account, Passport number, Aadhaar number, DL number, voter id and so on as specified by the EFPO.
- Since you wanted to add your Aadhaar card so click on the select menu next to Aadhaar card. Then add your Aadhaar card number there and then click on the save button.
- It takes near about 15 days to get the approval from an employer. Until then it will shown under “Pending KYC” and after approval you will see it under “Approved KYC” tab.
Related Articles –