GST has finally launched in India on 1st July 2017. The first step that you take as business owner to start GST Migration Procedure. If you have not started the migration procedure to GST, start it now. Goods and services tax is all about making India a one Â tax country and eliminating all the taxes such as service tax, VAT, central excise, etc. If you are an assesse to existing PAN based service tax and Central excise, yo have to enroll yourself and get and ID and password to complete the GST migration procedure. So, today in this article, I would be discussing the step by step procedure to Goods and Services Tax migration procedure.
What is GST Migration?
GST migration means shifting from existing indirect tax assesse to single tax GST through GST portal.
Also Read>>>Â GST Rates for Goods & Services (PDF)
GST Migration Procedure for Business
- First of all, log in toÂ www.aces.gov.in Â with the help of your existing ACES (Automation of Central Excise and Service) ID and password.
- When you get successfully logged in, you will see a notification in ‘blue’ saying ‘Please Click Here to view your Provisional ID and Password to access GSTN Common portal’.
- Once you click on the above notification, a small box will pop up which provides you with two options – New User Login and Existing User Login. Click on New User Login.
- Provide your mobile number and email ID in order to receive ‘One time password’ commonly known as OTP.
- Enter OTP that has come to you mobile number and select a user ID and password for yourself.
- You will be asked to fill the security questions. Select the question carefully that you can remember. Then hit the submit button.
- Fill all the business details such asÂ Promoters and Partners, Authorised Signatory, place of business, additional business, bank accounts, goods and services, etc.
- Upload all the documents that are asked for with the digital signature certificate or e-signature.
- Once you have provided all these details, an application reference number will be sent to your mobile number.
- You will get your GSTIN on the date provided to you in the application number.
If you have any problem with GSTN common portal, contact GSTN helpdesk:0124-4688999 orÂ [email protected]